Will Medicare or my Medical insurance pay for the cost of a ResQUp?
Unfortunately Medicare will not pay for a ResQUp.
Some insurances may reimburse you for a ResQUp. You will need to check with your medical insurance provider. If your insurance agrees to reimburse you for a purchased ResQUp, the following may be helpful:
- A signed prescription from a physician for medical necessity.
- An “E Code” that provides your medical insurance with a description of what the medical device is.
- The HCPCS E-code that is the most appropriate to the ResQUp is “E 0705” Transfer device.
- Provide your insurance company the above information and the prescription with your paid receipt.
- You may also have a “Medical Spending Account” that pays for medical devices.
- You can check with your Medical Spending Account coordinator to see if your funds can get you a ResQUp.