Instructions for Use
The ResQUp is intended to be utilized for the specific purpose of assisting a fallen individual up from the floor to a seated position using their hands or using their elbows (see Illustrations A & B below). Both methods require minimal assistance from a caregiver. Physical Therapists significantly improve mobility to perform daily activities. Please consult a physical therapist or qualified healthcare professional if you have any questions about whether the ResQUp is an appropriate device for you to use.
- Among the prohibited uses of the ResQUp, see Illustrations C & D below.
- The ResQUp SHOULD NOT be utilized if the fallen individual reports pain or if any injury is suspected. The ResQUp is designed to assist those with a NON-TRAUMATIC fall only.
- If any injury to the fallen is suspected, call 911 at the in-home setting. At the healthcare setting, the fallen should be attended and assessed per the facility’s healthcare policy or procedure.
- The ResQUp IS NOT intended to be used as a foot step, stool, or to be stood upon. Doing so may result in a fall and injury.
- The maximum patient weight limit of the ResQUp is 300 lbs.
THIS IS NOT A STEP STOOL